Review: Beautynetkorea (December 2014)

Monday, December 29, 2014

Ah, I really need to stop myself. I've been buying so much Asian beauty products lately because most of my favourite stores were having huge holiday sales. It got to a point where even if I wasn't buying, I was just going through everything and adding to cart. Anyway, today's store I'm going to be reviewing is Beautynetkorea! This is one of the most popular Korean beauty stores and I've bought things from here a couple times before, but I thought I'd just do a quick store review~
Disclaimer: All items were purchased by myself and I am not affiliated with the store. All my opinions are 100% honest regardless.

Like I mentioned before, Beautynetkorea is an Asian beauty store with mostly Korean products. I think they were the first Asian beauty store that I'd ever bought anything from, and they're still my go-to store for certain items like nail polish. They do carry a fairly wide range of products and brands, so you'll definitely find some cult favourites there. One thing I like is their shipping is free (+2500 won for tracking) so I don't need to worry too much about surprises when I check my cart. Another thing I like is that you can earn points for each purchase.


It's been quite a long while since I ordered from Beautynetkorea (I'm going to abbreviate it to BNK from here on because I'm lazy) but this time I decided to pick up a couple small things for myself and friends before I placed a larger Roseroseshop order (you'll see that later). Anyway, I placed the order on the 11th of December. I can't remember when it was shipped but I think it was like a day or 2 days afterwards. I received the package on the 23rd, so it was about 2 weeks or 12 business days which is not bad at all for standard shipping. 

Here is how the package came. It was inside a wee box and filled with heaps of bubble wrap on the inside to protect the items, which I like. There were a few small dents on the box but nothing was damaged thankfully! Also I accidentally cut myself while opening this box because I'm an idiot.


Up top you can see every little thing that came out of my package, and the middle just shows the things that I bought. As you can see in the bottom photo, they were pretty generous with the samples and my order was only around $22 USD ($29 NZD). I also received 1 piece of the Tonymoly Panda's Dream Eye Patch, which is a special gift that they're giving to all customers (and I believe it's still running). 

The samples I received were the Tonymoly I'm Real Tea Tree Sebum & Pore Lotion, 2x Etude House Face Conditioning Cream (Light), Etude House Moistfull Super Collagen Cream, 2x Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream, and the Missha Super Aqua Deep Cleanser. Phew, that's a lot of names. Anyway, let's move on to the items I actually bought.


I picked up 2 sets of the Innisfree Apple Juicy Special Cleansing Kit, which is essentially mini sample sizes of the Deep Cleansing Foam, Lip & Eye Remover and Cleansing Oil from the Apple Juicy range. They had a 1+1 sale on this item so I got the 2 sets for $6.30 USD ($8.20 NZD). I decided to keep one for myself and I ended up giving one to my friend who I'm trying to introduce to Asian beauty products. 

I've tried the items for a few days so far and the first thing I have to say is that they smell really delicious. They do smell quite clearly of apples but it's not too overpowering, although you should still be aware if you're sensitive to fragrances. I really liked the Lip & Eye Remover most of all, since it removed my eye makeup well, although I haven't tried it on my lips yet. The Cleansing Oil wasn't as amazing. It still smelt really nice, but I found it wasn't as good at cleansing as my Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil. The Deep Cleansing Foam was okay too. Again, nothing amazing but it does do what is required: removes my makeup + cleansing oil residue, doesn't leave me as dry as a desert and it stills nice. Overall, this little kit made my cleansing routine quite enjoyable with the apple scent.
Rating:    / 5

Next, I got some samples for the Tonymoly Panda's Dream White Magic Cream. BNK sells 10 pieces for $3.60 USD ($4.70 NZD) which is quite a lot for me, so I gave a couple to my friend to try as well. Now this is a product where a little goes a long way. It does actually make your face quite white and there's a fair amount of product in each sachet, so I ended up spreading it all down my neck and shoulders as well. I used this as a base before I put my BB cream on and it worked quite nicely. It was pretty okay, although I found that it did feel a bit sticky around the edges of my face, like around the jaw, and also on my neck. 
Rating:     / 5

I can't remember who, but there were some bloggers that recommended the Etude House Drawing Eyebrow Pencil so I decided to try it out. I got it in Brown. I'm currently using the Koji Dolly Wink Eyebrow in Chocolate Brown and when the Etude House pencil arrived, I realised it was a lot darker than my Dolly Wink one. It is a lot cheaper though, being only $3.96 USD ($5.10 NZD) I know, I'm oblivious. I might save it for if I plan to dye my hair darker, but I might just give it to my mum to use since the darker eyebrows looked quite strange of me. 
Rating: N/A

Next up is a sample of the Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner (not a typo). I've tried the Whipping Foaming from the Wonder Pore range and it was one of my favourites, so I decided it'd be worth it to try this out. This sample goes for $3.60 USD ($4.70 NZD) for 25mL of product, This is the new version of the Freshner which is now 10 in 1, compared to the old one which was "only" 7 in 1. It apparently has a variety of uses but I like to use it as a toner before I put on a sheet mask, and I found that I liked it a lot. I've yet to find a toner that I like as much as my old holy grail, the Chanel Gentle Hydrating Toner (and is more affordable) but I might purchase a full size of this later.
Rating:     / 5

The last item I got was Holika Holika Pastel Nails nail polish in #6 Milk Gray. I've had a bit of an obsession with the colour gray lately and I've been trying to find a nice gray nail polish, BNK is selling the Holika Holika Pastel Nails range for $4.14 USD ($5.35 NZD) which is pretty cheap considering the free shipping. I usually don't like to buy polishes online since they're kinda heavyso shipping can get a bit... $$$, but this price is pretty affordable. Also after I bought this, I realised that it's illegal to mail nail polish into New Zealand (or something along those lines) so I thought it would be seized by customs but it was fine (lol). My nails are pretty short at the moment and I don't like to have polish on while my nails are short so I haven't tested the lasting power unfortunately, but the colour does come out quite strong with 2 coats. 
Rating:     / 5

Here's the final round-up of everything! The samples almost look more plentiful than the purchased items, haha.


Anyway, now for a site review on Beautynetkorea! 
Pros: 
  • Store credit points
    You can earn points whenever you buy items, so it gives you can incentive to buy as the points can be used towards your next orders.
  • Free shipping
    The shipping is included in the price of the item, so no need to worry about shipping price surprises when you check out. Plus, it's only an extra $2 for tracking.
  • Quick shipping
    Shipping is pretty quick, despite being free. Although, I found this is usually the case with orders I get from South Korea anyway.
  • Free samples
    They're super generous with the free samples, so you get a lot even with smaller orders.
Cons:
  • Higher prices
    The prices can sometimes work out to be more expensive than other online stores since shipping is tacked onto the price. Just make sure to shop around!
Overall, I would buy from BNK again and I'd recommend them as well. Though, I'd probably only suggest them for smaller hauls since you can pick up a couple items for quite cheap and no worries about shipping price, but for larger hauls I tend to like Roseroseshop and Testerkorea more.
Rating:     / 5


Thank you for reading my review today! I'm going to be reviewing two more Korean beauty online stores next, the aforementioned Roseroseshop and Testerkorea, as well as some clothing. Then after that I'm going to take a break from reviewing beauty products because I'm totally poor and my vanity is full, haha. Anyway, I hope you have a nice day, take care!

You Might Also Like

2 comments